How to Preserve Silk Garments
Silk garments are useful and valuable to wear during summer because of their features of feeling soft and smooth, also hygroscopic and air-permeable. However, to keep them bright and new for a long time is difficult.
Therefore, there are some suggestions to tell how to preserve silk garments:
1. Do not hang silk garments on wire hangers.
If there is a little rust, it may stain the silk. Plastic or wood hangers may be the better choice.
2. Do not put dirty garments in wardrobes. They should be washed or dry-cleaned.
Of cause, you do not want any kind of dirty clothes to stay in the wardrobes until they are smelly. Be clean and you will feel comfortable and healthy.
3. Do not machine-washing silks.
It is known that pure silk clothes are easy be scratched. So be a diligent housewife and hand-washing your valuable clothes. But some silk and cotton blends are exceptions.
4. Do not wear pins on silk dress for they will leave permanent holes.
5. Do not expose silk to sunlight.
Because if silk are under the strong lighting or dry heat for long period of time, they will fade and no longer bright.
6. Do not hang silk clothes in plastic bags.
Silk is of organic fiber that needs to breathe.
7. Do not wear it that are tight-fitting or undersize.
Choose your right size so that its fabric will stretch and weaken which causes pulls and sagging.
8. Do not scrub silk when it is wet.
It is easy to lead creased. Your strength will be reduced by 13% to 30% when wash it. What’s more, chlorine bleach is forbidden as well as soak silk for a long time.
9. Do not apply perfumes or colognes while wearing it.
Nice perfumes or colognes will make you charming, but chemicals contained in the perfume are harmful to silk.
With proper care, silk garments will last a lifetime. Some cheap and quality clothes are easy find at DealsVista.com which published the hottest deals at lowest price online.
Source by Yu Yue