Vintage Fashion Guide – Classic Clothing – Easy Ways to Get a Vintage Look
A lot of fashion trends come and go but vintage classic clothing is always in style. Vintage is great because of the versatility. By using neutral colors it is hard to mismatch anything if you keep it simple and classic. We will take you through all the styles available and help you put it all together for the perfect vintage appeal.
Vintage Denim Jeans
– Jean Styles:
* Slim Boot Fit – lean through the top, flaring out at the knee. An updated look pulling the best of the 70’s jeans fashion. Looks good with vintage western shirt.
* Flap Pocket Fit – low rise, fitted through the thigh opening to a slight flare at the knee. Hand-distressed with a worn-in look plus back flap pockets for added detail. Looks great with a vintage military style shirt.
* Straight Leg Fit – sits comfortably at the hip and fits straight through the leg and thigh. A classic fit from the 50’s and 60’s goes well with a vintage graphic tee.
* Relaxed Fit – a relaxed fit through the hip and thigh featuring a boot-cut leg opening. Perfect with a classic button-down or vintage western shirt.
– Button-Down Styles:
* Military Shirts – inspired by vintage army shirts feature tabbed sleeves, shoulder flaps and front flap pockets. Goes with slim boot fit jeans.
* Western Shirts – a vintage essential featuring pearl snap buttons, detailed yoke stitching and unique patterns. Wear with slim boot fit jeans and vintage retro boots.
* Polo Shirts – classic fit and cotton fabric made this big in the 60’s and 70’s especially in the summer. Goes great with straight leg fit jeans and white sneakers.
* Raglan Baseball Shirt – popular in the 70’s, a classic style featuring 3/4 sleeves, ringer collar and knit cotton. Looks great with straight leg or slim boot jeans and sneakers.
– Graphic Tee Shirt Styles:
* Rock Band Tee Shirts – Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles & Woodstock graphic tees go great with relaxed fit jeans. Up your style with a blazer.
* Funny Saying Tee Shirts – a worn and faded look give a thrift store vintage feel to a past funny saying. Goes great with slim boot fit jeans and flip-flops.
* Graphic Art Tee Shirts – cool art designs give a subtle detail with jeans or with layers. Perfect with any type of jeans.
– Sunglasses: add detail with vintage inspired aviators, thick-frame square glasses and polarized sunglasses.
– Socks: bold vintage argyle patterns can add some color to your outfit.
– Hats: fedoras, drivers and trucker caps can also help pull an outfit together.
Source by John Meehan