Vintage Hankies Handkerchiefs Display Ideas – What Can You Do With Them?
Vintage ladies handkerchiefs make a wonderful collectible, and they are still quite affordable. People often ask me though…
What do you do with them? How can you display them?
Here are a few ideas for you.
- You can display them framed in clear acrylic clip frames
- Use them as doilies on tables & nightstands
- Show then off under glass on a coffee table
- Sew into quilts, pillows, sachets, tablecloths, or potholders
- Make a valance by clipping them onto top of curtain with clothespins
- Display them in a vase or hang them from a towel bar
- Wrap small gifts with them
- Sew a monogrammed hankie onto the front of a little girls bib overalls
- Use them to line your Longerberger baskets (or others)
- Trim the edges with beads & make a “cozy” for your teacups
- Tie them onto your ponytail, belt loop, or purse
- Tuck them into birthday, get well or any holiday card
- Use monogrammed handkerchiefs for the “something old or something blue” for a bride to be
- Give as gift to bridesmaids, flower girls, mother of bride or groom
- Display them hung by little wooden clothespins on a vintage indoor clothesline, or satin ribbon
- A customer gave me this idea to pass along. She is giving a monogrammed hankie to her son’s girlfriend as a small gift for her prom night. A nice tradition to start!
- Another customer idea! They look lovely draped over a nitelight for soft romantic lighting
- Use any type of vintage rack for display
ENJOY – I HOPE THIS GIVES YOU A GOOD START ON SOME DECORATING IDEAS FOR YOUR VINTAGE HANKIES! HAVE FUN DECORATING
Source by Luanne Oda